Sunday 1 December 2013

Up Platteklip Stream

We moved to Vredehoek on the edge of the city bowl last week. With a new base I will extend the range of my reflective walks and this blog will be the new home for my pictures and impressions.
This morning I walked up the Platteklip Stream from the Deer Park.
Lionshead greets me in the morning light.
The city is still sleeping.
Platteklip Stream is a magic place where the water flows over the border between the softer sandstone and the hard granite. There are places of hard black rock with white intrusions.
A place of boundaries and flow. 
Hard rock polished and formed by the steady flow.
Life giving water flows in abundance.
Plants showing their form against the bright morning sky.
Along the stream grow passion flowers.
I am not the only one enjoying them.
As the sun rises Table Mountain reveals its splendor.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting to the Rocks

  When I swim in the sea, I am close to and surrounded by the granite boulders which are so typical for the Cape coast. The rocks are calmin...