Sunday 8 December 2013

Along the Rocket Rd and down to Sandy Bay

It was hot today. Just right for an early morning walk in my beloved Hout Bay followed by a skinny dip in the cool ocean.
At the beginning of the Rocket Rd lies a sea of sand, glittering in the morning sun.
The morning sun plays light and shadow with the grass.
Ripe and blown up, some plant shows its fruit like a lantern of Summer.
It is a time of seeds.
Grass swaying like a field of grain in the morning breeze. Ready to be harvested by the wind.
Others are caressing my legs as I walk past.
Last flowers are bathing in hot air and sun.

A rusted piece of a stranded ship between the rocks is slowly transformed to were it came from. The actions of men are reversed. Nature takes it back in its own time.
I meet two raven watching me, flying ahead and looking at me as I pass by.
I meet a lizzard ready for a jump.
In the bushes hides a horned monster.
I am longing for my beloved beach, backing in the sun. As I continue, I pack my camera away not to upset the people on this nudist beach.
It is hot today.
Summer is here.

Summer, the time for fruit and ripeness.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting to the Rocks

  When I swim in the sea, I am close to and surrounded by the granite boulders which are so typical for the Cape coast. The rocks are calmin...