Wednesday 25 December 2013

Fluidity

Yesterday, the family still sleeping, I went for a short walk along the stream in Deer Park.
Taking time to reflect I noticed the fluidity, the constant flow of the life giving water.

I feel the need for a rest in this strong current. Holding on to something seemingly solid.
The hairy petals of a protea are cuddling together before the storm.
Others are ripe, ready to let go with the next wind to find new places.
Table Mountain is rising above, solid and strong.
I see a perfect image of a tree of life, anchored deep in the dry earth.
Among the dry grass I find tiny juicy flowers.
For some creatures the world is just spiky.
Others celebrate life and new birth like a hibiscus flower.

Life, a constant flow like the breath, in and out, up and down.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting to the Rocks

  When I swim in the sea, I am close to and surrounded by the granite boulders which are so typical for the Cape coast. The rocks are calmin...