Sunday 12 January 2014

Camps Bay Pipe Track

I got a bit sunburned yesterday and wanted to stay in the shade. So today I walked along the Camps Bay pipe track. The sun was still hiding behind Table Mountain.
Lions Head looks best in the morning sun.
The track follows one of the old cast iron water pipes.
The pipe is a nice piece of colonial engineering , it supplied the town with fresh mountain water.
I went up the Woody ravine for a short while. A mystical pocket of indigenous forest made me sit down and absorb the atmosphere.
This time of the year flowers are rare but some fight the heat and drought.
On my way back the birds are out and about in the sun.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting to the Rocks

  When I swim in the sea, I am close to and surrounded by the granite boulders which are so typical for the Cape coast. The rocks are calmin...